Whether you’re still in the thick of Super Bowl clean-up or planning your next gathering, I wanted you to have these in the event they made things easier (progress is several small areas can result in breakthroughs elsewhere):
1. CLEANING. If you have baked on goodness in a pan, cover the chunky bits with water, put it back on the burner on low, add a few drops of dish detergent and a dryer sheet. Let it hang out and get happy and warm (think closer to an hour than 10 minutes) – gunk should wipe right off.
2. PRESERVING. To keep guacamole from turning brown after making it, return the pits to the bowl and cover with plastic wrap (so the wrap lays against the dip). Keeping air out combined with the enzymes the pits emit to prevent the avocados from ripening early will keep it super fresh. Also, adding corn to it adds a little sumpin’,
3. PURIFYING. Every day or so, pop your sponges in the microwave for 45 seconds to rid them of any lingering nastiness.
4. TWO-FER. Put a glass of water in there while you nuke your sponges and you can wipe the inside of your microwave clean easily (while it’s still glowy).
5. TIMING. Food often is right at the point of being done when you can smell it in the air (“Hey, I smell popcorn/chicken/bread, etc.” means check it NOW).
Want more hacks for your life, your business, your brand? Bookmark this link: http://ww.wildalchemy.com/blog/