There are so many great and perhaps not so great reads about how to reduce debt. I have read the whole gambit and have pulled 9 of what I feel are the most helpful tips. Most of what I’ve pulled is from good ‘ole Dave Ramsey.
- Always have a $1,000 emergency fund.
- Budget savings for the irregular. ($2,000 a month).
- Reduce unnecessary expenses.
- Always find ways to increase your income.
- Debt snowball / Savings tracks for wants
- 6 months savings ($60,000)
- Retirement funds ($11,000)
- College fund ($10,000 a year)
- Pay down mortgage(s)